A weekly gentle yoga and meditation course which is suitable for beginners and those looking to develop their yoga practice. Emphasis on breathing techniques, gentle movements, body awareness, while strengthening the body and calming the mind.
Each week we will deepen our practice and skill, using gentle yoga sequences to bring us into our bodies and creative practices such as breath work, guided meditations poetry etc. to develop awareness and bring us into this present moment which, if practiced regularly, can truly help to ignite your own natural healing process.
There are so many benefits to developing self awareness and mediation, here are just a few;
- Calm Your Mind - by bring your attention to your breathing, your normal busy mind will begin to let go of it's busyness allowing you to relax.
- Focus - you can use the techniques in this class as a daily practice, some are so simple you can do them at your desk or in place of a coffee break. This will bring your focus into the present moment allowing you to control your thoughts and better focus on what's important.
- Reduce Stress & Anxiety. Our minds are often worrying about what happened in the past or what might happen in the future which creates stress and anxiety in our lives. Bringing our mind into the present moment relieves us from these patters of worry and stress and thereby bringing more peace into our lives.
- Listening. By taking the time to calm our mind and focus on what's happening in our bodies right now, physically, emotionally and spiritually we can begin to really listen to ourselves, get to know ourselves more intimately, increase our own intuition and begin to live more meaningful and fulfilling lives.
- Community/Connection In this digital age where we have so many ways to connect with each other, we often find that we have less physical connection and social interaction with each other. Coming together gives us the opportunity to practice together, which increases the intensity and power of our practice, and also to meet other like-minded people.
No experience necessary.
What you need:
Wear comfortable clothing, Water (optional), Cushion/blanket (optional
Articles on Breathwork
Check out all upcoming events with Lucia